September 20-22, 2023
Location: 2123 FM 2238, Schulenburg, Texas 78956 (Jordan Ranch)
For most nurses, attending a wellness retreat is a bucket list item. With the countless priorities facing nurses today, it’s sometimes difficult to believe that we can break away and do something special for ourselves. For many nurses, the deep-rooted belief that we don’t deserve good things makes us resistant to taking care of ourselves as fully as we can. Yet, doing so demonstrates self-love.
Our team has put our hearts into creating a sacred space for inner play. Life Checkup is a Holistic Play-shop (not Workshop) & Wellness Retreat designed to give you a glimpse of yourself from the inside out. You get to take an honest look at your entire life! In addition, we will introduce you to unique ways to prevent and reverse common chronic health problems naturally without medications. Participants will be shown non conventional methods of healing the body, managing stress and well-being. There’s no magic wand when it comes to wellness, however during this extraordinary weekend retreat you will learn more about yourself and developing your resilience so you can take control of your life and well-being. This weekend is for you!
This Event is for YOU if you want to
- get 16.5 continuing education hours to have fun while practicing self-care
- get-a-way for the weekend (It’s all about you)
- unplug from being so busy
- stay healthy as you age
- get off some of the medications you are taking by using natural remedies
- lose weight and get in shape in a healthful, sustainable way
- be introduced to the power of a whole foods, plant-based diet, but just aren’t sure how to get started
- create increased flexibility, creativity and mobility to help you master the challenges and changes that are so much a part of personal and professional life and leadership, especially during difficult and challenging times
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Approved to award 16.5 contact hours through March 2, 2022. AHNA # 1497
Only to the Extent that We Ourselves are Healed can WE assist others to Heal
Agenda Quick Look
Arrival – Check-in – Pick up room key – Tour the Facility – Get a massage – Play basketball
Welcome (Meet & Greet)
Jane in the Jungle – Kelly Smith, CPC
Laugh Out Loud (LOL) – Jessie Johnson, RDH
Power of Intention – Lyndia Morgan, MD
BREAK (Get a massage – take a nature walk – play ping pong – sit in the rocking chair)
Forgiveness – Mary Turner, RN
Wait Weight – Samara Bowen, MD
Break Fast When Shit Happens – Vergis “Sunshine” Bourgeois
B.O.N.A. Fitness (Building on Natural Abilities)
I AM that I AM – Rayford Cook, CPC
Love & Intimacy – Kim Wisner, CPC, RN
Orgasmic Medicine – Teresa Diaz. MD
Hemp Does the Body Well – Aza Tucker
Panel Talk (Treating Dis-ease)
Heal Your Body – Mary Turner, RN
Cooking Class – demo on how to prepare plant-based foods
Feel Good – Mary Turner, RN
The Life Checkup Highlights:
- Leverage your strengths and potential.
- Gain clarity on critical decisions and goals.
- Boost response-ability and resilience.
- Increase self-confidence in showing your best self to all kinds of people in a variety of situations.
- Understand yourself and others better for more meaningful relationships and more effective communication.
- Become the master of your own life and leadership. Live from the inside out.
- Celebrate your wins and accomplishments along the way with a strategic, caring accountability partner.
All of these topics and more will be covered in this action and information-packed three-day event that brings together nurses, celebrity chefs, doctors and fitness experts to educate you about how to live in such a way that can prevent, and even reverse, many chronic illnesses. And it’s easier than you think! Get empowered to take charge of your life by joining us for our Holistic Playshop & Wellness Retreat. Take your well-being into your own hands today, and register now.Open Modal